After a brief discussion I found them intellectually superficial and quite rude, but was intrigued by the text before them.
So intrigued that I hired a local raconteur to distract them while I carefully retrieved the text. To keep such simpletons from profundity is to be considered an act of high morality. Regardless, I have not ceased from reading the text since my possession of it. Which leads me to my current thought, better said by the author himself: "It is a function of poetry both to fix and make more conscious and precise emotions and feelings in which most people participate in their own experience, and to draw within the orbit of feeling and sense what had existed only in thought."
I'm sorry to hear they were "intellectually superficial and quite rude" -- I expect more from Half Price Books clientele, especially if they're reading T.S. Eliot.
ReplyDeleteHmm, I'm fascinated by that thought there. How could I possibly make that happen? I guess the first step would be to get over myself and give it a go instead of always pleading ignorance. Thanks for sharing.